MNRB Group is committed to carrying out its business in accordance to the highest standards of professionalism, honesty, integrity and ethics.
Objective of the Policy
The policy is:
- To help develop a culture of accountability and integrity within MNRB Group of Companies
- To provide a safe and confidential avenue for ALL employees, external parties and other stakeholders to raise concerns about any poor or unacceptable practice or misconduct
- To reassure whistleblowers that they will be protected from detrimental action or unfair treatment for disclosing concerns in GOOD FAITH;
- To deter misconduct and promote standards of good corporate practices.
Scope of the Policy
This Policy governs the disclosures, reporting and investigation of misconduct within the Group as well as the protection offered to the persons making those disclosures from detrimental action in accordance to Whistleblower Protection Act 2010.
The scope of the policy applies to MNRB Group´s staff, Board members and other stakeholders.
- suspected criminal offence;
- contravene any of the requirements and standards of a regulatory body, shariah principle (for Takaful and Retakaful), professional body, government or its agencies;
- impropriety, corruption, acts of fraud, theft and/misuse of the Company´s properties/resources;
- abuse of power or authority;
- serious conflicts of interest without disclosure;
- sexual harassment;
- bribery, blackmail and miscarriage of justice;
- attempts to suppress or conceal any information relating to any of the above; and
- inappropriate business practice
Protection to Whistleblower
It is the Group´s policy to provide the whistleblower protection in term of confidentiality of information, and safeguard the whistleblower from any act of interference that may be detrimental to the whistleblower. The Group assures that all reports will be treated with strict confidentiality and upon verification of genuine cases, prompt investigation will be carried out.
Procedures of MNRB Group Whistleblowing Policy
Any person may report allegations of suspected serious misconduct or any breach or suspected breach of law or regulation that may adversely impact the Company.
Notification on the Outcome of the Disclosure
The Group reserves the right not to inform the whistleblower of the precise action plan and/or the outcome of the investigation as this may infringe a duty of confidentiality owned to someone else.
PROCEDURES OF MNRB GROUP WHISTLEBLOWING POLICY
Disclosures can be made to ANY of the following reporting channel, in strict confidential manner:
Information to be Disclosed
Whistleblower is required to identify and provide details pertaining to the issue/allegation.
Information is as per Disclosure Form available in the website.
Scope of Reporting Whistleblowers should note that:
- it is best to raise any concern early and identify or supply as much factual and verifiable facts and objective information pertaining to the issue/allegation;
- if desired the reporting/informing may be done anonymously;
- to safeguard the abuse of this disclosure process; a malicious or knowingly false complaint will not be entertained or may lead to disciplinary/legal proceedings; and
- investigation/verification proceedings must not be discussed or disclosed to any other personnel in order to protect the integrity and confidentiality of the matter.